EveryoneSocial GDPR Compliance
Our Commitment to You and the Protection of Your Data
We’re committed to partnering with EveryoneSocial Customers and users to help them understand and be in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR is the most comprehensive EU data privacy law in decades, and went into effect on May 25, 2018.
Besides strengthening and standardizing user data privacy across the EU nations, it will require new or additional obligations on all organizations that handle EU citizens’ personal data, regardless of where the organizations themselves are located. On this page, we’ll explain our methods and plans to achieve GDPR compliance, both for ourselves and for our customers.
- Preparing for the GDPR
- International Data Transfers
- Data Portability Solutions and Management Tools
- Stay Updated
Preparing for the GDPR
The GDPR’s updated requirements are significant and our team has been working diligently to bring EveryoneSocial’s product offerings and contractual commitments in line so Customers can be in compliance. Measures to achieve this include:
- Continuing to invest in our security infrastructure
- Making sure we have the appropriate contractual terms in place
- Ensuring we can continue to support international data transfers via Privacy Shield self-certifications
- Product offerings that include new tools for data portability and data management
We’ll also continue to monitor the guidance around GDPR compliance from privacy-related regulatory bodies, and will adjust our plans accordingly if it changes. We’ll provide you with regular updates (including updates posted on our website) along the way so that you’re always current. Please check back from time to time for any updates.
Our Security Infrastructure
Protecting our customers’ information and their users’ privacy is extremely important to us. As a cloud-based company entrusted with some of our customers’ most valuable data, we’ve set high standards for security.
EveryoneSocial has invested heavily in building a robust security team, one that can handle a variety of issues — everything from threat detection to building new tools. In accordance with GDPR requirements around security incident notifications, EveryoneSocial will continue to meet its obligations and offer contractual assurances.
International Data Transfers: Privacy Shield and Contractual Terms
To comply with E.U. data protection laws around international data transfer mechanisms, we are self-certifing under the E.U.-U.S. Privacy Shield and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield. These frameworks were developed to establish a way for companies to comply with data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States.
In addition, we offer European Union Model Clauses, also known as Standard Contractual Clauses, to meet adequacy and security requirements for our customers who operate in the E.U.
Data Portability Solutions and Data Management Tools
Customers have requested tools to help them comply with the GDPR. Compliance-related tools include the following:
- Import and export tools. Businesses and organizations may access, import, and export all their Customer Data.
- Profile deletion tool. Help Customers respond to user requests to delete personal information, such as names and email addresses, from a Customer/EveryoneSocial account.
- Workspace settings center. See your team’s plan and settings, or contact an admininistrator who controls the workspace.
Fulfilling our privacy and data security commitments is important to us and an ongoing commitment. This page will be revised to reflect GDPR-related information as it becomes available. If you have any questions about how EveryoneSocial can help you with compliance, we hope you’ll reach out to us.